If you attended our services recently, then you had an opportunity to hear some amazing testimonies at the beginning of the services from some of our members. In each case, the point is not about Highpoint, but is about what God is doing in the lives of those in our community of believers- right here in Cedar Park, Leander, Round Rock, Lago Vista, and surrounding areas! One of our key themes at Highpoint is LIFE CHANGE. We see this so often- but want to make sure that we don’t forget to thank God, and to share these stories to encourage those who may be hurting, in a dark place, struggling in their marriage, dealing with additions, dealing with grief, or feeling far from God or abandoned.
If you were not able to see these testimonies, you may see them by visiting www.hpf.org, and selecting the video from the home page. You may then click “see more videos” to see a few others. There are a few posted here…but there are more stories than we can count that a small group of people at Highpoint may know about. I know that you have a story too! So why are we keeping them to ourselves? I’d like to encourage you to share your story…and be the person who listens to the stories of others in our church and community. There are MANY ways to do this and to let God be glorified through the process!
Here are some ideas:
- Take a piece of pallet wood from the lobby foyer. Write an encouraging word, a scripture, a short story, or something that represents your life change in Christ on this wood, and place it back on the table. All of these stories/messages are being prayed over, recorded, and ultimately will be hung in our Worship Center as we work to rebuild our stage and Worship area. Your piece of wood might just be the thing that makes a difference in the life of another person!
- Join a Grow Group. On Sunday mornings at 10:30, we have groups that meet to connect, go deeper into the Bible, and build relationships with one another. Our Middle school group, all kids classes, and our Senior adults stay on the lower campus for their classes, while our Young adults, Middle adults, Men’s and Women’s groups head to the upper campus (the building right behind our main Worship center). You will be blessed by getting to know others more intimately, while being available to encourage others.
- Seek out help. We have a variety of CARE ministries at Highpoint where people are waiting and anxious to serve and encourage you:
- Celebrate Recovery meets every Friday evening at 6:30 for dinner, followed by an amazing time of testimony, teaching, and small groups. This group is for people with “hurts, habits, and hang-ups” that may be keeping them from experiencing the life God has for them. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- GriefShare is a grief recovery and support class that includes teaching, small group time, prayer, and support for those dealing with grief. Our next class begins on Monday, Nov 14th at 6:30pm. You may register or get more information by emailing email@example.com.
- Stephen Ministry is made up of volunteers who have been trained to walk with you through a difficult time- for as long as you need that support and encouragement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Keep in mind that whether you are in a difficult place, or if you have been brought THROUGH a difficult time, we care about you, and want to help you with the resources you need- or provide the service opportunities that can help you to give back and share YOUR story and what God has done for you.
Want to share your story? Want to talk about ways you connect and serve God’s kingdom right here in our area?
Please email me: email@example.com. I’ll be prayerfully waiting to hear from you.
Operations Director & Christian Counselor