Although we come from vastly different backgrounds, we believe in unity in Christ. While we may disagree about details and interpretations, at Highpoint, we do have core beliefs that unite us, and where we place our focus:
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8; Ephesians 1:13-14)
- Even though we were his enemies, God, out of love for us, sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and raised him from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Romans 5:6-11)
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and is the final authority in how we live and what we believe. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Salvation is the free gift of God. The death of Christ on the cross is the only sufficient payment for our sins. All have sinned, but all can be saved. This salvation is available for anyone who puts their trust in Christ as their Savior. (Romans 3:23, 6:23; John 3:16)
- Those trusting Jesus should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized. (Romans 10:9, Acts 2:38) For a more thorough look at baptism, dowload our publication Baptism: A Demonstration of Devotion.
- The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit to reach people for Jesus, helping everyone to become a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Christ will one day return and we will be with the Lord forever! (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)