Although we come from vastly different backgrounds, we believe in unity in Christ. While we may disagree about details and interpretations at Highpoint, we do have core beliefs that unite us and where we place our focus:
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8; Ephesians 1:13-14)
- Even though we were his enemies, God, out of love for us, sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and raised him from the dead. (1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Romans 5:6-11)
- The Bible is the inspired word of God and is the final authority in how we live and what we believe. (2 Timothy 3:16)
- Salvation is the free gift of God. The death of Christ on the cross is the only sufficient payment for our sins. All have sinned, but all can be saved. This salvation is available for anyone who puts their trust in Christ as their Savior. (Romans 3:23, 6:23; John 3:16)
- Those trusting Jesus should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized. (Romans 10:9, Acts 2:38) For a more thorough look at baptism, visit the baptism section and download our publication Baptism: A Demonstration of Devotion.
- The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit to reach people for Jesus, helping everyone to become a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:1-16)
- Christ will one day return and we will be with the Lord forever! (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
Are you in interested in being baptized? After you peruse this page and links, please feel free to contact our Lead Pastor, Brandon McCaughey, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule your baptism!
We recognize that people come from many different backgrounds regarding this beautiful sacrament. The article referenced below, written by Max Lucado, describes Highpoint’s teaching position about baptism. This article is useful for:
- Those who have never been baptized. This study will help you appreciate the importance of baptism. If you have never been baptized in any form you’ll see why we encourage you to do so.
- Those who have been baptized, but not by immersion. We have many members who were baptized by sprinkling, usually as infants. This paper will help you see why we baptize by immersion. It also explains why we don’t baptize infants. We urge you to read the paper and consider adult baptism. If you choose not to be immersed at this time, we still welcome you as a member. We ask only that you respect our teaching position.
- Those who have been baptized by immersion. It is our prayer that this study will give you new insights into the beauty, simplicity, and significance of this demonstration of devotion.
At Highpoint, we worship the Lord through music, singing and praise! We don’t have a choir, because we are all the choir.
We encourage everyone to sing and lift their hearts up to God and celebrate His presence.
If you have a heart for worship and believe that God has called you to help lead the congregation in worship, please contact our Worship Pastor: email@example.com
What is Worship at Highpoint?
The Worship Arts Team at Highpoint exists to help facilitate and create an environment where people can encounter God in such a way that it changes the way they think and live beyond our gathering.
Our hope is that we would be a church of true worshipers (John 4:23-24), where our emotions and passions overflow from our knowledge of the truth. At Highpoint we are all about participation in worship. We’ll sing songs new and old, as well songs we’ve written from within our church. These songs declare characteristics of our creator, the love He has for us His children and expressing our love and commitment to the living God.